Saturday, May 06, 2006

Big Bird

So today I was driving to the office. I was in a bit of a hurry but I am a pretty courteous driver and was coming onto merging traffic. I had the right of way and this women puts on her blinker looking to merge. I start to slow down and notice her wanting to merge as she was a little bit ahead.

I noticed that she had her right ear on the phone and a glaring look to the left. I came to a slow pace to let her in and waved to acknowledge a you're welcome and she waved back. I guess I am niave I thought it was a nice gesture.

As we proceeded she was slowed by a truck and I got into the left lane to pass her. I was just amazed to see her still on the phone giving me the finger and not even looking at me. Looking just straight ahead. I let her in and thought I was being the nice guy and get the bird.

People are just so crappy sometimes. They amaze me

Another driving experience, I was the one trying to get in the other lane and put on my blinker to merge and the guy sped up to block me out. I looked right at him and motioned to him to ask if I could get in and he shook his head no. It's not like I was looking for a hand out - I just wanted to get in the other lane.

I ended up just moving forward eight cars ahead of him and someone else let me pass.

Life is like driving a car - you can't please everyone on the road and if you want to get ahead you have to rely on yourself and your drive.

2 comments:

Dave Carberry said...

I never said you can't rely on your friends - but your friends might not be in every situation. Should I call my friends and ask them to stop the traffic for me?

You FIRST must ALWAYS rely on yourself...

An individual is the foundation and your friends are the pillars. I do rely on my friends - but you have to rely on yourself, and never give up.

Dave Carberry said...

Hey Freak - I like that that's my Quote of the Day