Friday, April 27, 2007

LuLu versus Lulu

So Advertising.com had a client cocktail party at Lulu in San Francisco on Wednesday night I attended http://www.restaurantlulu.com/LuLu_about.html. The Brick Oven was burning and I met some interesting and knowledgeable people from the industry. I was telling people at the party that I had published a book at lulu.com and told them the story of lulu as I had read about it.

Bob Young the founder of Red Hat was trying to publish a book and his manuscript was rejected. Trust me I know the feeling and that's why I am glad I found Lulu.com by reading Business 2.0. Here's the Article that lead me to Lulu http://www.scribd.com/doc/16572/Freedom-Of-The-Press-Lulu-com

ABOUT LULU.COM: Lulu, the world's fastest-growing source of print-on- demand books, lets you publish your own books, ebooks, calendars, images, music and videos at no advance cost. Lulu was founded by Bob Young, who previously co-founded the software company, Red Hat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a children's book author, you sure do alot of drinking.

Dave Carberry said...

It was my company's sponsored event and we entertained clients. Not sure what one had to do with the other.

Anonymous said...

smart answer - i note that you "cleaned up" your original post too. just trying to help. btw, you can delete these comments you know.